The 10 Most Common Job Interview Questions & Answers for Teens
Everyone gets a little tongue tied answering job interview questions...
So can you imagine how nerve-wracking it is for your teen-ager at his very first job interview?
That's why I've put together the 10 most common interview questions and answers so you can help your teen appear cool as a cucumber!
Check out this quick way to make money online in your spare time...
Here Are 10 Interview Questions and Excellent Sample Answers
1) Question: Why do you feel you are the best candidate for this job?
Answer: Because I'm responsible, reliable, and a hard worker.
2) Question: Do you have any experience in this type of work?
Answer: Not exactly, but I am a fast learner and want to learn as much as I can about (blank).
3) Question: Tell me about a strength of yours.
Answer: I'm a good listener and I like to be around people.
4) Tell me about a weakness of yours.
Answer: I've been called a perfectionist, but I like to do things right.
5) Question: Are you available on week-ends?
Answer: Yes I am. And if ever I'm not, I'll be sure to let you know in advance.
6) Tell me about how you would handle a difficult customer.
Answer: I would politely listen to their complaint without interrupting them, and then try to help them solve the problem.
7) How would you handle working with someone you didn't particularly like?
Answer: I get along easily with people - I don't think that would be a problem.
8) What position do you think would fit you best?
Answer: I would like to learn as many different positions and jobs as I can. I'm really flexible.
9) Do you have your own transportation?
Answer: Yes. (if you do) or I don't have my own car, but my parents have agreed to drive me to work.
10) Why should I hire you?
Answer: Because I have a positive attitude and I'll work hard every day.
Here are some more sample interview questions and answers...
Have Some Interview Questions to Ask the Potential Employer
Not only is the employer interviewing your teen...
But your teen should be interviewing the employer!
The employer will usually ask at the end of the interview if you have any questions for him...
Make sure your teen has at least 3 interview questions prepared.
Some Sample Questins Could Be:
1) Could you describe your style of management?
2) Will I have an opportunity to learn different positions or cross-training?
3) What do you like best about working here?
4) How long have you been working here?
5) In your opinion, how can I be the best employee?
6) What do you look for in experience for this position?
And so on....
Managers like talking about their company and also about themselves...so ask away!
It shows that you took the time and effort to do your homework.
More Interview Tips for Teens
Come at least 10 minutes early for the interview - you'll look eager and excited for the job.
Dress appropriately. Khakis and a shirt with a collar is great for guys and a skirt and blouse for ladies. Need a new outfit for that first interview?
Take this quick survey to qualify for a Free Target gift card...
Shake hands when you meet your interviewer...firm - not wimpy!
Don't sit until you're asked...and no slouching.
If they offer you a drink such as coffee or water - politely say no thank you. (You don't need to accidentally spill!)
Thank the interviewer for his or her time - sincerely.
Notice something in the office or on the desk of the interviewer and ask them about it. For example, if you see a golf plaque, ask about golfing...or a picture of kids, are these your kids?
This is a good way to break the ice and be friendly.
RELAX...smile...and answer ALL of the interview questions as best you can.
And lastly, encourage your teen to practice answering interview questions and answers with you or a friend so getting that first job will be a Breeze!